You'll probably be really upset with my answers to these questions, but I promise I'm really easy to please. I just stink at explaining myself, LOL.
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I'm so new to knitting that I don't really have a "favorite" yet. I do know, however, that acrylics make me cringe...since that's all I used when teaching myself, LOL. Can you say Red Heart?
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? They all just hang out in the packages that they came in....until my 2 year old empties them. Then, they roll around in a basket where I'm keeping my yarn.
3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? Since January, so I'm a definite beginner, but I hope to eventually drop that label.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Nope
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) Cucumber melon and honeydew.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? I don't eat sweets that often, but when I do it's either brownies or Snickers bars.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I don't spin....even though I'd love to learn! I love any kind of "crafty" projects though. If I don't know how to do them, I strive to figure it out. My next step is to teach myself to sew.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I like anything that isn't kid songs, LOL. My poor CD collection has been collecting dust since the kids figured out they could listen to their music.
9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? I love color! Reds, pinks, blues, greens, yellows......I could never choose a favorite. I do tend to stay away from black though.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I'm married with three kids, Zach (8), Mikah (4) and Madelyne (2). I also homeschool, so they're right in the middle of things ALL day. We also have a cocker spaniel, Cooper, who thinks that he's a rabbit and likes to hop everywhere.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? I never did, being a southern girl, but that's all changed. We've recently moved to Utah, so my need for winter gear is suddenly very important. I still don't think that you could ever make me wear a poncho though, LOL.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I haven't really "finished" many items, but I'm determined to like sock knitting....even if it kills me. I'd really like to get over my fear of knitting sweaters too. *shudder*
13. What are you knitting right now? Uhhh....supposedly teddy bears for my girls, but yeah, next question.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Yes!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I've only knit with straight needles and dpns......but I really want to give circulars a try. I think that from my little bit of experience....I'm not really made for bamboo though, LOL.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Nope.
17. How did you learn to knit? www.knittinghelp.com
18. How old is your oldest UFO? Almost everything I've started since teaching myself a few months ago!
19. What is your favorite holiday? Thanksgiving......when else can you have an excuse for stuffing AND green bean casserole?
20. Is there anything that you collect? Do dust bunnies count? I'd like to start collecting money, but so far, nobody's offering it.
21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? All of them, LOL. Seriously, I'd love to try so many new yarns/needles/books/patterns. I guess, my number one pick would be the Magic Loop method. I have a subscription to IK, but that's it.
22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Again there are so many.....magic loop, fair isle, mosaic knitting....just to name a few. Oh....and my number 1 new technique would be how to actually FINISH something, but I don't really think they teach that.
23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? I'm trying to be....that was my main reason for teaching myself to knit, LOL. My foot is 9.5 inches long and narrow. I'd tell ya my exact measurements, but my kids seem to have snagged my measuring tape. I also have bird legs, so my ankles are little too.
24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) 05/16