The Chronicles of a Brand New Knitter.....

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Without Further Ado....


I finished a sock!!!! Okay, so there are so many mistakes in that sock, but it's D-O-N-E! I'm so freaking proud of myself for resisting the urge to frog again. I decided that this was a practice sock and I would get through it completely, no matter how bad it looked....and I did.
I really hate the toe though, but it's more about the shape. I think I like more of a square toe, so I'll have to play around and find the right one for me.

I'm trying to remember what yarn I used, since my girls ran off with the label soon after I bought it. I know that it was Lana Grossa Mega Boot Stretch, but the color is ????? Really, I have no clue. I used size 3 addis and just did a 4x4 ribbing on the cuff. Nothing exciting...just practice. Okay, so now I just have to actually make another one so that I don't look weird walking around in one sock! Wish me luck..... Posted by Picasa

*I looked online and the color is #708*

9 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

Your sock is FABULOUS!!!! How did you do the toe - did you graft it (aka Kitchener stitch)? I like a squarer toe so I start my decreases when the sock gets to almost the tip of my little toe and graft it there rather than decreasing more! I am so impressed. Now I gotta' go home and work on mine!!!!!!!!!!

10:52 AM

 
Blogger Robin said...

duh!! I don't graft it "there" - I graft it after decreasing - it just doesn't take so many decreases to get to the end of my big toe - does that make ANY sense at all??

10:54 AM

 
Blogger Gwen said...

It looks great! I love the color, and since they're on your feet, no one else is going to examine them so close as to notice any mistakes. Any little 'error' makes them all the more yours. Nice work:)

9:11 PM

 
Blogger margene said...

Very nicely done!! Socks are just the best knitting. Make the second on and you'll have a pair for fall!

9:43 PM

 
Blogger green-eyed grrl said...

Congratulations! Isn't it nice to finish one? Now just be sure to cast on for the second one right away!

10:24 PM

 
Blogger Katherine Of It All said...

So pretty! Good work sticking with it.

10:50 PM

 
Blogger Heather Joins the Round said...

It looks awesome! Enjoy it!

10:00 AM

 
Blogger PERFECT KIMMIE_ilovenyinjune said...

way to go SP!!

9:19 AM

 
Blogger bernard n. shull said...

i did a little research after you told me about your "thing", and if you want a way to make more money using your your blog you can enter this site: link. bye.

4:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home